What is Auto Insurance?
Auto insurance provides financial protection against physical damage and/or bodily injury resulting from traffic collisions and associated liability.
Auto insurance also offers financial protection against theft of the vehicle and damage to the vehicle sustained from mishaps other than traffic collisions.
Auto Insurance Coverages
There are six basic types of auto coverages. Some may be required by law, but others are optional.
· Bodily injury liability for injuries the policyholder causes to others.
· Medical payments or personal injury protection (PIP) for treatment of injuries to the driver and passengers of the policyholder’s car.
· Property damage liability for damage the policyholder causes to someone else’s property.
· Collision for damage to the policyholder’s car from a collision.
· Comprehensive for damage to the policyholder’s car from fire, explosions, earthquakes, floods, and riots, but not involving a collision with another car.
· Uninsured motorist coverage for costs resulting from an accident involving a hit-and-run driver or a driver who does not have insurance.
Additional coverage options are available, so contact us and chat with an agent to learn more about the right auto insurance for you.